Luckily, Facebook has made it easier for us to remove application updates like those from SocialCam, Yahoo! News, Pinterest, Washington Post, or SocialCam from our news feeds. For each application, there is now a dropdown in the upper-right corner that allows us to block any updates from that app. For instance, in the example below, I can choose the last option and ensure that I never see an update from SocialCam app again.
If this still doesn’t work, be sure to try removing the application from your Facebook permission settings. To do this:
- Log in to Facebook
- Choose the dropdown in the upper right corner of the menu bar, next to home and choose “Account Settings”
- In the Account Settings dialog, choose Apps
- In the Apps dialog, choose to remove the app by clicking the ‘x’ at the far right of the application.
Hope these help!
|Original article posted 11/15/11|
I’ve been asked this question more than a few times, so I thought I’d pass it along here. If you hate that apps like Yahoo! News, Spotify, and the Washington Post are pushing articles into your Facebook timeline, there is a quick way to get rid of them. Within your timeline each app gives you the opportunity to hide a specific story, but doesn’t give you the chance to hide everything from Yahoo! News, the Post or Spotify.
To do that:
1) Log in to Facebook
2) Visit the application page for the app that is annoying you:
- For the Yahoo! News application page go to https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=90376669494 and follow the next steps below
- For Yahoo! News also block this application https://www.facebook.com/a
pps/application.php?id=194 699337231859 by following the next steps below
- For Spotify notifications, go to this application page at https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=174829003346&ref=ts and follow the steps below
- For the Washington Post reader, go this application page https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=225771117449558 and follow the next steps below
3) On the left side of the page, click Block App.
4) Click Okay to confirm the block.
From now on, the Yahoo! News, Spotify or Washington Post apps will no longer show in your news feed. The same holds true for any app like Farmville.
Hope that helps! Have any annoying apps that you’d like me to add to the list? Let me know and I’ll create a link that you can easily use to block the app.