Whether you’re new to online dating or you’ve tried it before, you have probably at least heard of apps like Bumble, Match, or Tinder. But did you know that you can date through Facebook?
That’s right, Facebook Dating is a strong competitor to those other dating apps, and it’s simple and easy to use. Not only that, but it comes with all of the safeguards and privacy protections you have come to expect from Facebook.
Let’s explore some of the most common questions about Facebook Dating, so you can decide if it’s right for you!
What Is Facebook Dating and How Does It Work?
Facebook Dating is an innovative and fresh way to meet new people. Through your existing Facebook account, you can create a Dating Profile, which can have different information than your regular Facebook profile.
For example, if you want to list a different gender identity in your Dating Profile from the one that is on your regular profile, that is completely fine. You can also choose whether to disclose things like your hometown, past schools, and more.
Once you have set up your Facebook Dating Profile, you will be prompted to pick who you want to date. You will also be asked questions, and the answers will appear on your Dating Profile later. Some examples include whether you want kids, how tall you are, and so on.
You can skip these questions entirely or change your answers at any time under Settings. Pick up to nine profile pictures, and you can start swiping through potential matches.
You can choose to create an Ideal Match, which is an amalgamation of all the characteristics you want in a partner. You can even indicate if some traits are a higher priority than others.
This can also be edited at any time under Settings, along with linking your Instagram to your Facebook Dating Profile and viewing your suggested matches that you passed on.
Can Anyone Use Facebook Dating?
To use Facebook Dating, you have to be at least 18 years old, and you have to have an active Facebook account. Your account has to be at least 30 days old before you can start using Facebook Dating.
Unfortunately, Facebook Dating is not available in every country. Last, if you delete your Facebook Dating Profile, you cannot make another one for 7 days.
How Do You Match with People on Facebook Dating?
First, you must decide whether you want to match with people who are local to your area, or if you want to match long distance. To change your location settings, go to Edit on your profile and select Match Anywhere.
Once you have done this, it’s time to start sending likes to people you are interested in. If that person likes you back, you will be matched, and you can start chatting.
You have several options for dating through Facebook Dating. If your match is local to your area, you can obviously go on a live, in-person date.
But a feature that is extremely popular is audio dates, where you send an invitation without leaving the app and talk to your match over the phone.
Is There a Way to Search for Someone on Facebook Dating?
You must first have a Facebook Dating Profile to see if someone else has one. Once you have established your profile, you must join the secret crush feature.
This allows you to know if someone has a crush on you without knowing their identity, and you can also add them to your secret crush list.
If you do this, your chances of seeing them on Facebook Dating increase dramatically. You can also search for a specific person in the search box.
Can You Tell If Someone Else Is on Facebook Dating?
Yes, you can absolutely tell if someone else is on Facebook Dating. To do that, follow these steps:
- Check their Facebook notifications. Since Facebook Dating is integrated into the regular Facebook app, the notifications for Facebook Dating are mixed into the regular notifications a person receives on Facebook.
- Create your own Facebook Dating Profile. As mentioned above, you can create your own Facebook Dating Profile by answering a few questions. Then you can attempt to match with the person you are trying to find.
- Use online tracking tools. Enter the person’s name, email address, or phone number into a free online tracking site.
- Search for them on Facebook Dating. Once you make a Facebook Dating Profile, you can search for the person of your choice using the search box.
- Use the secret crush feature. Like we explained before, the secret crush feature can be helpful to determine if someone is on Facebook Dating, and if they like you back.
How Do I Delete My Facebook Dating Profile?
If you give Facebook Dating a try and decide it’s not for you, there is a quick way to delete your Facebook Dating Profile. Remember that if you do this, you will not be able to make another profile for 7 days.
- Go to your Facebook app. Once you open the Facebook app, press the icon with three lines, then press dating.
- Tap the settings icon. It’s located in the top right corner.
- Tap general. There are a lot of settings, so this is important.
- Scroll down. You will not find the right button otherwise.
- Tap delete. Your Facebook Dating Profile will be deleted.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post all about Facebook Dating! If you have any additional tips about using Facebook Dating, be sure to leave them in the comments!