If you ever have trouble when using Snapchat, you’re not alone. There are a lot of issues that can cause a problem with the app. Luckily, there are also many things you can try to solve the problem.
Snapchat is easy to use and is extremely common among a wide segment of the population. Most of the time, it isn’t having any problems, but the occasional problem can crop up.
Why Isn’t Snapchat Working at All?
If the network isn’t working for you at all, there are various things that you can try. It can be helpful to check a site like DownDetector to see whether there are any outages of the app being reported.
If there is no outage, the problem has to be something else.
You should first close out Snapchat then reopen it to see whether that fixes the problem. If not, you can look for updates of the app to see whether you just need to update it to run it properly.
You can also do a hard reset of your phone and start it back up. You might also check your internet connection.
Another option is to check the network permissions for the app to make sure they are properly selected. Another way to solve it can be to clear the cache of the app.
Between all of these solutions, you are likely to solve the problem.
How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat
While it used to be that only verified accounts could make their accounts public, that’s no longer the case. If you want to create a public profile on Snapchat, there are a few easy steps to follow.
First, the account must be at least 24 hours old, and you have to be at least 18. Next, follow these steps:
- On the camera screen, tap on the top left corner where the story icon is.
- Tap on the instructions for creating a public profile.
- Under Spotlight and Snap Map, there will be an option for Public Profile. When you tap on that, it gives you more information about these profiles.
- Tap on the option for Create Public Profile.
How to Get a Streak Back on Snapchat
Users of Snapchat love their streaks, and chances are that you’re no exception. So, what if you lose a streak? There is a way to get it back.
- Open the app and tap your icon for your profile.
- Go to the settings icon at the top right of the screen.
- Choose the support option.
- Choose and tap on I Need Help.
- Choose the Snapstreaks option.
- Choose the option for a Snapstreak that went away even though a Snap was sent.
- Tap the link for Let Us Know and then Contact Us.
- Choose the option for I lost my Snapstreak.
- Fill out the form with all of the requested information. You will have to do a separate form for each streak that you lost.
Why Won’t Snapchat Play Videos?
If your Snapchat is not playing videos, there can be a number of causes, but you can generally remedy the problem. Try deleting your friend then re-add them.
If the problem is ongoing, you can delete the Snapchat app then re-install it or try restating your phone and/or deleting the Snapchat cache.
You may also have to reconnect to the network. Sometimes, clearing the conversation or your junk can also help. If nothing else works, you find a video player and install it to help you see the videos.
How Can I Get My Snapchat Score Up?
If you want a higher Snapchat score, you need to know – how is Snapchat score calculated? The network doesn’t make this clear, and it uses an algorithm that is different from other types of social media apps.
Being an active user helps your score, as do certain actions that you can take. Posting stories to the network raises your score.
The number of users who get your Snaps is another factor. It’s sending and receiving actual snaps that gets you points – not sending a regular message. It won’t help to watch your friends’ stories.
If you become inactive then re-start sending snaps, you can get more points that way. Adding friends also helps your score. Make sure that you open snaps sent to you and that you snap back.
How to Clear Conversations on Snapchat?
If you want to clear your conversations in Snapchat, it’s easy to do.
- Go to your profile screen and tap the button that looks like a bull’s eye to open the settings screen.
- Scroll down the page until you find an option called Clear Conversations, and tap it. There will be X’s next to names.
- To clear the conversation, tap on the X.
If you also want to know how to see cleared conversations in Snapchat, it can be done.
- Go to your My Data page.
- Choose the option for recovering messages.
- Choose the option Request. A link will be emailed to you.
- Click on the emailed link to go back to the My Data page where a zip file will be waiting for you.
- Download the zip file, and you’ll have those messages.
How to See Someone’s Friends on Snapchat?
To see a Snapchat user’s friends, go to their profile. If they aren’t on your list of friends, you will have to send a request to them.
After acceptance, you can see the information in their profile, and this includes their friends list if they have chosen to allow others to see it. Some people do choose more privacy and don’t make their friends lists available to others.
How to Reboot Snapchat Completely
If Snapchat keeps crashing all the time for you, you can completely reboot it to get it working better again. The first thing to try is to close out of the app then open it again. Like an internet connection, it may come back in better condition.
If that doesn’t work, you can go to the app store and find out whether Snapchat needs an update. If not, restart your phone to fix the problem.
Deleting the app and re-installing it can help, and it won’t affect your account.
I hope this helps you solve your Snapchat issues. What tips do you have for solving Snapchat issues? Let us know in the comments.