Many Facebook users use the Facebook app regularly on Android and iOS, but others know that there is another option – Facebook Touch.
If you’re currently using Facebook Touch – the touch-optimized method to access your Facebook account – you probably enjoy the lighter user interface. But are you having issues logging into Facebook Touch? Here we share advice on overcoming your Facebook Touch login issues.
What is Facebook Touch?
Initially released in 2009 and fully developed in 2019 by H5 apps, Facebook Touch is a form of Facebook that isn’t locked into any operating system.
As Facebook’s main web browser website for touchscreen devices, the offering is available to anyone with a compatible browser. The most significant difference from Facebook mobile is that Facebook Touch offers better graphics and a more user-friendly interface.
But there are other differences. Facebook Touch isn’t as cluttered as the mobile app, uses less data, and works well on even low-resolution screens. It’s also quick, even when you don’t have high connection speeds.
Understanding the Difference Between Facebook Touch and Facebook Mobile
With Facebook Touch, you get a condensed experience, and it’s available in many configurations and languages. Several features make the software worth its while.
- No matter the internet speed, your experience is smooth and seamless
- High-resolution photos open quicker
- More vivid color
- More user friendly
- Quick access, better loading
- Improved navigation
- Better audio and visual quality
- Easy-to-use interface
- Less use of space
- No size limit for posts
- Better chat window
Overcoming Facebook Touch Login Issues
If you’re facing issues with logging into Facebook Touch, follow these steps to overcome your problem.
Step 1 – Clear Your Browser Cache to Remove the Facebook Touch Login Page
When you clear your cache and cookies, the files saved in the cache can’t conflict with the code on the website. On Explorer, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, simply press Ctrl+Shift+Delete on your keyboard to open the window to find the option to clear them. Then close your browser and restart it to log in again.
On Safari for Mac:
- Click on Safari, then preferences.
- Click Privacy and Manage Website Data.
- Choose Remove All and Remove Now.
- Return to the Safari Menu and select Quit to close Safari.
On Safari for iOS:
- Open settings.
- Open the Safari menu.
- Choose Clear History and Website Data.
- Verify that you want to Clear History and Data on the pop-up that appears.
On Google Chrome for iOS:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the menu toolbar.
- Choose Settings, then Privacy.
- Press Cookies, Site Data, and Cached Images and Files.
- Set Time Range to All Time.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Clear Browsing Data and confirm the request by clicking it once again.
Step 2 – Turn Off Your Phone or Tablet and Wait 90 Seconds
The next step in fixing the Facebook Touch login issue is to reboot your device. You should shut off your smartphone anyway once each week. It’s also a good rule of thumb to restart your tablets and computers regularly to help them retain memory and lengthen the life of your battery.
When you restart your device, it will eliminate any pages and apps that have added code to the device. So, turn off your device and wait 90 seconds before powering it back up.
Step 3 – Access the Facebook Touch Login Screen Via Your Mobile Browser
You can’t just head over to the Play Store or AppStore to get Facebook Touch. Instead, you’ll use your browser. And logging on is simple; just type touch.facebook.com in your web browser. Input your username and password, and you’re in.
To log out of Facebook Touch, tap on the upper right corner and select settings from the drop-down menu. Choose Security and login from the following menu and press the login section. Select the session and tap it to log off.
Step 4 – Clear Any Saved Passwords In Your Browser
Next, get rid of saved passwords from the browser.
On Internet Explorer
Delete individual passwords:
- Open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Choose Content.
- Click Settings under AutoComplete, then choose Manage Passwords.
- Press the Web Credentials Manager, then click on the drop-down arrow to remove the password of a particular website and press remove.
Delete all saved passwords:
- Follow the first steps above.
- When you get to Click Content, under AutoComplete, click settings.
- Then choose Delete AutoComplete history.
- Open the Chrome menu in the top right corner of the browser bar.
- Choose Settings.
- Press Show Advanced Settings.
- Go to the Passwords and Forms section and click Manage Passwords.
- In the dialog box, hover over the website and click X.
- Choose Safari Menu and select Preferences.
- Switch to Autofill tab.
- Press the Edit button for Usernames and Passwords.
- Select the entry corresponding with the website.
Step 5 – Try Resetting Your Facebook Password
If you are already logged into Facebook, click the down arrow in the top right of the page.
- Press Settings & Privacy and then Settings.
- Choose Security and Login.
- Click Edit to Change Password.
- Enter both the current and new passwords.
- Click Save Changes.
If You Are Not Logged In:
- Navigate to the Find Your Account page.
- Enter your email, mobile phone number, and username and click Search.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Once you have completed these steps, try logging into Facebook Touch.
We hope these tips have helped you overcome your Facebook Touch login issues. If you have any other suggestions, please share them in the comments. If you have any other topics you’d like help with, be sure to let us know below!